Community Bible Experience Week 4: Finishing Up Paul’s Letters
Hello, Bible Readers!
We are into Week 4 of the Community Bible Experience, which means once you’ve finished 2 Timothy this week, you’re more than halfway done! Woo hoo! Amazing job. And if you’re not that far yet, no worries at all! You are reading God’s Word at your pace and that’s amazing. We’re so excited that such a big group of us is doing this as a church community this summer. Here are a couple of things for this week:
* When you look at the reading plan this week, it can look a bit overwhelming because we’re finishing Romans and then reading Colossians, Ephesians, Philemon, Philippians, 1 Timothy, Titus and 2 Timothy! Phew. But don’t worry — it’s the same amount of pages as other weeks. And because they’re all short books, I actually find that it feels like it’s going faster than usual.
* When we finish this week, we’ll have read all of Paul’s letters. The Books of the Bible places them in chronological order. 2 Timothy is likely the last letter Paul wrote before he died. Reading in chronological order helps us feel a bit of that progress in Paul and his words to Timothy, the young man he had mentored, take on great meaning as Paul talks about fighting the good fight and finishing the race God set before him.
* If you’re using the bookmark in your Bible, you may notice that the days of Week 4 are mislabeled. Week 4 days should be Day 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20.
* We have a drop-in group meeting weekly at the church on Wednesdays. It’s a big group, but we split into smaller groups based on where we’re at in the reading (some ahead, some on track, some toward the beginning), and discuss together. You are always welcome to join us — it’s great to discuss in a group and see what others have noticed! Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the chapel at CrossRoads!
* Again, we want to hear how you’re doing with the reading, what you’re noticing and what God is teaching you. Email us at MyStory@CrossRoadsChurch.Ca.
Have a great week, friends!